Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Bicycle

 


It was lying at the side of a dirt track In outback Australia, that's strange I thought funny place to find a bicycle? it was old, very old and it was complete there where no missing parts that I could see

Picking the bike up and standing it on its wheels I gave it a complete look over, yes it was ok.

A little bit of rust here and there and the chrome bits where tarnished with being outside but it was still rideable. Being a linesman is a lonely job at times, we can go weeks without seeing another person, living in the bush in a truck with very little in the way of amenities would not suit most people but I personally find it suits me, now getting back to the bicycle it had obviously been abandoned, and I was trying to figure out how it could possibly have got here?

I was still looking at the bicycle and thinking it looks like a H gone on a lean, the badge on the front

said The Raleigh and I remembered these where old English bicycles then brushing a little mud of the frame I see its got what appears to be twenty actually it says wenty the s is missing still its not a bad find out here. We do find quite a lot of stuff that's been left, usually old cars that cant handle the outback, but not often bicycles.

TBC..............

No comments:

Post a Comment