Monday, January 7, 2013

Note_1


I really do need somewhere to keep my notes , I usually write things down on pieces of scrap paper and then lose them.
Anyway My friend picked up a folding bike from the local council trash and treasure shop "yard"
for four dollars $4.
And then tried to sell it on E bay for $40 now this little bicycle is in a pretty sad state.
needs new tires, tubes, brakes, very much a complete overall maybe even replace the steel wheel rims with
alloy ones. wheel size is 20 x 1.75.
I told my friend that I would like the bicycle, so it looks like I am going to have another one to look after and  fix up.
I am quite excited about this has I love working on these projects.
I have now spent a couple of hours Information on this bicycle has it was un_branded the only mark
on it was Marken Rad so at first I thought it was a German made bicycle and that's where I started  to look for information has Marken rad means "Brand bicycle" in German.
here are some of the leads I chased:
Wienora Marken Rad 1
Mars Marken Rad
Mars space brand bike
Rekord Marken rad
Markenrad Fahrrad Klapprad 
All to no avail I then stumbled onto the words "Bianchi nealeco"
This made me change direction and start to search for Italian leads
The fist one got me to Italian Vintage "Barbarilla" Folding bike with 20 Inch wheels
Too easy now, then the next one was "Amica"
Here we go, Amica by Carnielli  1960s by the factory ( Teodoro Carnielli )
Located in Vittorio Veneto, Italy
Also Graziella  1964 ( the above factory )
I will post pictures has soon as I have the bicycle here.

No comments:

Post a Comment